THE SHRIVER REPORT
In 2009, A Woman’s Nation Changes Everything, in partnership with the Center for American Progress, examined the national impact of women becoming fully half the U.S. workforce for the first time.
In 2010, A Woman’s Nation Takes on Alzheimer’s, in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association, revealed that women are at the epicenter of the Alzheimer’s epidemic. It used the lens of Alzheimer’s disease to examine the national impact of women’s role as unpaid caregivers.
In 2014, A Woman’s Nation Pushes Back from the Brink, in partnership with the Center for American Progress, addressed the alarming economic insecurity of American women and their families.
By convening influential voices and bold ideas from across the cultural spectrum these Shriver Report Special Editions have worked to:
REPORT seismic shifts in American culture and society affecting women and their families.
IGNITE high-proﬁle, high-impact national conversations about the status of American women.
COMMUNICATE women’s shifting roles, evolving needs, and emerging power across all areas of modern life, in ways that are accessible, unexpected, and news-making.
CALL on our nation’s major institutions to recognize that women are now central to the key issues facing the nation—and to respond by putting women at the center of their policies and practices.
In 2015, Shriver Report Snapshot: An Insight into the 21st Century Man provided a real-time portrait of modern men and their attitudes towards their gender, their lives and women. The Snapshot formula is simple: Data + Insight + Challenge = Storytelling that really speaks to today’s audience.
Our Special Editions and Snapshot combine research and analysis from the nation’s top academic institutions and think tanks with news-making national polls, captivating photography and personal narratives from everyday Americans and government, corporate, faith, opinion and media leaders. These reports challenge thought-leaders, policymakers and the institutions that matter most in American life to update their policies, practices and perspectives in ways that reflect the realities of women and the modern American family.
We have reported facts that move people to act through:
- Comprehensive Special Reports: The Shriver Report Project — Special Editions
- Inspiring Filmmaking: Paycheck to Paycheck: The Life & Times of Katrina Gilbert
- Probing Academic Research and National Polls: Data from “A Woman’s Nation Pushes Back From the Brink”
- Dynamic Events & Conversations: The Shriver Report LIVE Presented by The Atlantic
- Compelling Personal Storytelling: Essays by leaders in academia, politics, culture and society, and by women experiencing issues firsthand
- Innovative Digital Platforms: ShriverReport.org
- Award-winning Photojournalism: Making the invisible lives of women visible
- Collaborative Partnerships: Strategic, Funding and Media
- Advisory Network: National Committee
JOIN A WOMAN’S NATION